Sunday 21 November 2010

Rigging Tutorial Number One

The model of 'Melvin' came with the rigging book, so I will be rigging him from scratch. My aim is to have a fully functioning rig that I can animate with and create to begin with a run cycle as this will work towards my final film.


I started by creating joints in Melvin's legs and then for this body and head.



It then came to testing the angles of how the skeleton works, and adding IK handles to the feet in order to make them plant properly and have more control on the feet.



Having added the IK handles for both feet and coloured them accordingly:





What I have learned so far:
  1. The difference between IK and FK (it always confused me).
  2. How to rig the legs
  3. Adding attributes to the legs in order to rotate the bones from the controller
  4. How to add prefixes to names easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment